Thursday, August 21, 2008

Decklan's 1st birthday














Well as you can see a whole year has come and past. I can't believe it's been a whole year already. I was trying to remember what i was doing a year ago yesterday and the day before. I remembered my friend Jonathan was up from Calgary and we were eating McDonald's and Wendy's, watching some show about the world's biggest roller coasters. The morning had started off with some contractions, and lasted through the day. Chris and Ashley visited in the afternoon and Pam, Alan, and Elaine came by in the evening for a movie. Richard and i turned in around 11:00 thinking we should get some sleep, well about 10 min passed by and i'd already had 2 contractions. I guess that was our cue, grabbed the bag and away we went. Informed jonathan we were going to the hospital and that we probly weren't going to be home before he left monday morning to go back to calgary.



The rest is history, so at 12:02pm yesterday afternoon as i scrubbed the floor for the party we were having for our big little man, i stopped for a sec and thought, man I'm glad i don't have to go through that again this year.



In all honesty though, he is the most amazing little man, he's so happy and smiley all the time, just taking it all in. He had a great time at his party, we fed him pretty much everything we ate, aside from the jalapeno that Papa ate and warned the rest of us not to eat. He also had a little cake all to himself. I was thinking i'd just buy a little carrot cake for him but they were about 13.99, and i was thinking, heck no I'm not paying that much for something he is going to destroy in 10 seconds. So i got him a little clown cake just for him. he didn't try grabbing the flame really on his candle, but he loved the singing and all the attention. He loved opening all his gifts and he especially liked the cards. oh well, thanks to all those who came out for the party, we had a house full that's for sure. enjoy the pics.



Happy Birthday Decklan!!!

No comments: